Since you and I share ancestors, should we not work together to find and document them? - Carvel Whiting
Whiting-GLOBAL is the world-wide gathering place for collaboration and sharing of genealogical information related to the Whiting surname.
Our goal is to: 1) Identify, 2) Document, and 3) Link into families everyone in the world with the Whiting surname (including variants) and their descendants. Current research efforts are focused on people born in England before 1900.
Technology and sharing. Whiting-GLOBAL was formed to take advantage of collaborative technologies. Instead of working independently, we work together — rapidly increasing what can be accomplished. And because we have documentation standards, this research will not need to be repeated by the next generation. We invite you to join our collaborative effort. Contact us
One-Name Study. Whiting-GLOBAL has registered the Whiting surname as a one-name study with the Guild of One-Name Studies in England (the world’s leading organization for one-name studies). We are the world-wide focal point for information about the Whiting surname. Learn more about one-name studies at: www.one-name.org
Find your ancestors
Search options to find ancestors on this website:
- Quick. Use search fields, top right on this page
- Advanced. Advanced individual search
- Family. Husband and wife together
- Surname. Top 100 surnames: bottom of this page
- Surnames (all). Alphabetical and by frequency
- Place. Alphabetical and by frequency (click on the magnifying glass on the right of the place name to see people connected to that location)
- Where in the world are all the Whitings?
Maps showing the location of Whitings in the world
- Compare this site to the big genealogy websites.
Whiting-GLOBAL, a controlled environment
- Origin of the Whiting surname. See our logo
- Websites. Other websites with a Whiting focus
- About Whiting-GLOBAL. History/Organization
This website has information on over 45,000 people, those with the Whiting surname (or variants) and their direct relatives, contained in the following "trees." It has not all been verified yet. We invite you to help identify and correct errors.
- USA Tree. This tree consists of over 34,000 people. Most were born in the USA, with a few lines going back to a person's home country.
- Temporary Trees: The Gary and Elisha trees are in the process of being merged into the USA Tree.
- England Trees. England is an area of active research (currently over 11,000 people). To facilitate this research, England is divided into geographic trees as shown on this map of English counties (shires).