Since you and I share ancestors, should we not work together to find and document them? - Carvel Whiting
Whiting-GLOBAL is the world-wide gathering place for collaboration and sharing of genealogical information related to the Whiting surname.
Our goal is to: 1) Identify, 2) Document, and 3) Link into families everyone in the world with the Whiting surname(*) and their descendants. Current research efforts are focused on people born in England before 1900.(*)including variants
Technology and sharing. Whiting-GLOBAL was formed to take advantage of collaborative technologies. Instead of working independently, we work together — rapidly increasing what can be accomplished. And because we have documentation standards, this research will not need to be repeated by the next generation. We invite you to join our collaborative effort. Contact us
One-Name Study. Whiting-GLOBAL has registered the Whiting surname as a one-name study with the Guild of One-Name Studies in England (the world’s leading organization for one-name studies). We are the world-wide focal point for information about the Whiting surname. Learn more about one-name studies at: www.one-name.org
Find your ancestors
Search options to find ancestors on this website:
- Quick. Use search fields, top right on this page
- Advanced. Advanced individual search
- Family. Husband and wife together
- Surname. Top 100 surnames: bottom of this page
- Surnames (all). Alphabetical and by frequency
- Place. Place names alphabetical and by frequency (click on the magnifying glass on the right of the place name to see people connected to that location)
- Where in the world are all the Whitings?
Maps showing the location of Whitings in the world
- A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT, fewer errors.
How the Whiting-GLOBAL data is managed
- Origin of the Whiting surname. See our logo
- Websites. Other websites with a Whiting focus
- About Whiting-GLOBAL. History/Organization
This website has information on over 52,000 people, those with the Whiting surname(*) and their ancestors and descendants, contained in the following trees. Not all has been verified yet. Help us correct errors by clicking on the "Suggest" tab when viewing an individual's record to send us an email describing errors you notice. (*)plus variants
- USA Tree. This tree consists of over 40,000 people. Most were born in the USA, with a few lines going back to a person's home country.
- England Trees. England is an area of active research. To facilitate this research, it is divided into the five geographic areas shown on this map: map of English counties (shires).